In writing blog posts for clients and ourselves, Canright focuses on five major types of blogs. These posts run the gamut from spot news to big ideas, and all help you gain interest in your company and generate traffic to your site.
1. Identify a Trend. A staple of media reporting is the trends story. A trends post can start with a report on industry surveys in order to show a trend. “Wealth Technology that Personalizes Portfolios,” by FinTech Rising, takes the trend post a step further. In the piece, product providers advise investment advisors on how they can use technology to retain their trusted positions with clients.
2. Present a Case Study. Case studies are the bread-and-butter of marketing communications and blog posts. They are also great ways to gain a position in search results. For example, a recent case study written for the North Central Terrazzo Association (NCTA), titled “Breathing Life Back into an Architectural Wonder,” highlights a terrazzo project that was part of a large-scale renovation project to bring the Bottleworks Hotel in Indianapolis back to life.
3. Develop an Idea. Leaders in their fields develop new ideas and knowledge. In “Principled Capitalism: A Pragmatic Approach to Corporate Governance,” Don Delves, president of executive compensation consulting firm The Delves Group, writes about capitalism under attack. Based on his experience at a recent conference, he proposes five principles for capitalism, which he will develop in subsequent posts.
4. Build on the News. There are times when an issue gets a lot of media attention. When a lot of coverage hits, a post that wraps it all up provides an opportunity to get the news in front of your network once again. For example, the article titled “Safeguard Your Business from Cybercrime” from Dubuque Bank and Trust is a good example of how you can use current news to showcase your solutions.
5. Make an Announcement. You can also announce a new product or service. Lyonscg used its blog to write about the different types of Quality Assurance in software as a way of announcing its new methodology.
There are other many other types of posts you can experiment with for your business. From covering news and interviewing subject matter experts to teaching techniques and demonstrating your business value, the sky is the limit. What others types of posts do you enjoy reading or writing about?
Canright Communications aligns technology and business with corporate purpose, mission, and goals. Our technical communications solutions help clients market and sell their ideas, innovations, products, and services.